going nuts over this "center" effect in IE

swiss73

hello all.

for some reason I was not able to find out, all non-aligned left on this site is automatically aligning to "Center", at least so in IE

http://land-development-software.com/016-set-the-transition-in-and-out-of-the-curve.php

does anyone have an idea as to what is wrong?

thanks loads.

christ that header gif is annoying! take the inifite loop off!!!!!

Well lets start with your html. You hve only gone and doen this in front page. so it will stuff in that only functions in IE....

Where possible keep all your style in a separate style sheet. Don't use tables for layout - it makes your file size absolutely enormous (wasting bandwidth and slowing your site down).  There is so much trash to trawl through there that its difficult to point you in the right direction (apart from start again) although bear in mind that style is inherited so if a parent element has central alignment and you don't declare any different for the child that will align centrally too.  This points me to the opinion you have some style that only IE or FF recognizes as they are not rendering alike.

Good luck and come back when you need some more help.

sorry ToonMariner for the banging banner. you are right. I fixed that to a much softer one.

that was my first trial with koolmoves and it was not a successful one.

as to the styles..... ouffffff. the author only provided his file as a Word file.. and I had to live with this.

saving as a webpage, even with word-specific tags filtered, gives terribly complicated code where every single element has a whole unique set of styles....  this makes life very difficult for a coder.

I have cleaned the code partially now and found out how to fix it...... thanks to you.

I just added a align="left" to the content table cell....

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.