Is there a malicious code scanner for PHP code?

OM2

I buy code to use on my Wordpress sites

Is there code anywhere that will search a set of PHP files and report back if the code has encrypted code?

I thought there would be loads. I've done a google and can't find anything (not sure if I searched for the right terms)

Thanks

OM

Not that I know of. Unlike a computer virus, PHP code is meant to be executed. It would only do what it is programmed to do, so how would a scanner know what is and is not supposed to do? If you are buying code, make sure it is from a reputable source. Also, I would not be so concerned with code having an obvious malicious intent as opposed to code that has been built with a back door to allow someone to compromise your server. And, if there were a scanner to find such holes there wouldn't be instances of legitimate code having such flaws - e.g. heartbleed.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.