PHP gd - toning of image

helppy

Basically, I have an image and have another smaller image/photo on top of it.

I want to get the commonly used colour in the image that the image/photo is on it and tone it to that particular colour; so that the image/photo is like part of the image.

(Example: if the common colour is green then i will have to tone the image/photo to green.)

Generally, i think have to do some looping etc.

[quote author=helppy link=topic=116937.msg476798#msg476798 date=1164953408]
Basically, I have an image and have another smaller image/photo on top of it.

I want to get the commonly used colour in the image that the image/photo is on it and tone it to that particular colour; so that the image/photo is like part of the image.

(Example: if the common colour is green then i will have to tone the image/photo to green.)

Generally, i think have to do some looping etc.
[/quote]
I [i]think[/i] i someone get what you're saying, but when it comes to anything visual I'm half retarded, so not really sure the full logistics of what you're asking and wanting to do?  I get that you want to get the common color (but what if there are more than one or none?), but not sure what you want to do afterwards??

u can have a look at this site http://www.memoriesinmosaic.com/11.html and you may have a better understanding on what I am trying to say.

Look under the MOSAIC WITH NON-CLEAR FACES; the ENLARGMENT.

I want to tone the individual photos to suit the main photos.

Hope you understand better and can help me.

Thanks!!!

[quote author=helppy link=topic=116937.msg476845#msg476845 date=1164957712]
u can have a look at this site http://www.memoriesinmosaic.com/11.html and you may have a better understanding on what I am trying to say.

Look under the MOSAIC WITH NON-CLEAR FACES; the ENLARGMENT.

I want to tone the individual photos to suit the main photos.

Hope you understand better and can help me.

Thanks!!!
[/quote]
Sorry, right now I have this blank expression on my face :(  I've got no idea at all because I don't understand graphics at that level to do much with it.  Wish I could help, sorry

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.