msql database php help

cchar
Go to solution Solved by maxxd,

I am trying to display items from my database that occur after the current date but within the next 28 days. I have wrote my script and the part that retrieves the information from the database works in phpmyadmin however when I load the page in the browser nothing below my php script is showing up on the page, where have I gone wrong?

<?php
//connect to the database
include 'php/database_connection.php';
//retrieve all the information for the events within 28 days of the current date from the database
$dateSQL = "SELECT eventID, eventTitle, eventDescription, eventStartDate, eventEndDate
	FROM te_events
	WHERE eventStartDate > CURRENT_DATE AND eventStartDate < CURRENT_DATE + INTERVAL 28 DAY
	ORDER BY eventStartDate";
//execute the query and store the results
$queryDate = mysqli_query($dateSQL)
	or die(mysqli_error());

//loop through database and store in variables
while ($row = mysqli_fetch_array($queryDate)) {
	$eID = $row['eventID'];
	$start = $row['eventStartDate'];
	$end = $row['eventEndDate'];
	$title = $row['eventTitle'];
	$desc = $row['eventDescription'];
	//echo events within the 4 week timeframe
		echo "<div class=\"date\">$start - $end</div> ";
		echo "<div class=\"title\"><a href=\"full_details.php?eventID=$eID\"></a></div> ";
		echo "<div class=\"desc\">$desc</div>\n ";
}
?>

• Solution

Make sure you've got error reporting turned on:

error_reporting(-1);
ini_set('error_display',1);

As to the actual cause of your error, it looks like you're trying to go from mysql_* to mysqli_* (which is good) by adding an 'i' to the end of the 'mysql'  in the function calls and expecting it to work (which is bad - it won't). Check http://us2.php.net/manual/en/mysqli.query.php for information on how to use query(), and unless I'm mistaken there isn't a mysqli_fetch() function...

Edited by maxxd

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.