Xampp problem found

Alright first ill start off by saying HI iam knew to the forums. Alright i dont know if this is old or new to you guys or if iam posting this in the right forum but. I ve been having trouble with phpmyadmin and  mysql and so forth. i would always get this error whenver i would try to open phpmyadmin or even when i would try to write a php/mysql script except in the script it wouldnt give you that error [CODE]phpmyadmin couldnt load mysql extension[/CODE] well i figured out if you go the [b]php.ini [/b]  in the php folder there is no

[b]extension_dir = "C:\Program Files\xampp\php\ext"[/b]
and if you would add the extension_dir = "put your path extension for php in here"
the problem would be solved

[i]P.S. If this is old to you guys you could just delete the post, but i was pulling my hair out over this one little problem[/i]

-Thanks
ArNy

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.