php function stopped working

budimir
Go to solution Solved by tryingtolearn,

I'm rewriting my aplication to work with mysqli and one function that I have created is not working anymore. I don't know why connection to db is not working anymore. It worked on mysql.

Can you see what is the problem?

function zamjena_broja($kataloski_broj){

global $conn_mysqli;

$kataloski_broj_data = array();

//Traženje zamjenskog broja
    $upit_zamjena = "SELECT pocetni_broj, zamjenski_broj, glavni_broj
                     FROM zamjene_brojeva
                     WHERE glavni_broj = '$kataloski_broj'
                     OR pocetni_broj = '$kataloski_broj'";
    $rezultat_zamjena = mysqli_query($conn_mysqli, $upit_zamjena) or die (mysqli_error($conn_mysqli));
    while($row = mysqli_fetch_array($rezultat_zamjena)){
        $kataloski_broj_data[] = $row["zamjenski_broj"];
        $kataloski_broj_data[] = $row["pocetni_broj"];

}

$kataloski_broj = array_map("unserialize", array_unique(array_map("serialize", $kataloski_broj_data)));
    //var_dump($kataloski_broj);

return $kataloski_broj;

}

My connection:

<?php
//Veza na bazu - mysqli protokol
$DBServer = 'localhost'; // e.g 'localhost' or '192.168.1.100'
$DBUser   = 'xxxx';
$DBPass   = 'xxxx';
$DBName   = 'xxxdb';

$conn_mysqli = new mysqli($DBServer, $DBUser, $DBPass, $DBName);
global $conn_mysqli;

// check connection
if ($conn_mysqli->connect_error) {
  trigger_error('Database connection failed: '  . $conn->connect_error, E_USER_ERROR);
}
?>

I think I finally got it working. One of the problems I found a case where function couldn't return any data. Second thing is that the global connection wasn't setup properly for some reason. I don't understand why no error messages came up.  Anyways, now it's working.

Thank you for all you're help!

if you are seeing no errors, it could be because you are doing a redirect on the page and you have php's output_buffing on, either in your code or in your php.ini and any error output was discarded due to the buffing/redirect.

also, the global $conn_mysqli; statement, where you are making the database connection at, doesn't do anything (well it does, by wasting your time typing that and wasting some time when the code runs.) the only place the global keyword does anything is inside of a function definition, and even there you should not use it, since it breaks the black-box model for function definitions. you should pass ALL external values into functions as call-time parameters.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.