Two questions here...

cowboysdude

1st question... for some reason I'm throwing a 500 here and can't figure it out... I have double and triple checked all my brackets etc...

$user = JFactory::getUser();
$u = $user->username;
	date_default_timezone_set("America/New_York");
	$d = date("Y-m-d", time());

$xml = simplexml_load_data("modules/mod_holiday/assets/xml/Holidays.xml");
  foreach($xml as $key => $value){
    foreach ($value->events->event as $holiday) {

If (($holiday['date']) == $d) { ?>

<div id="CoverPop-cover" class="splash">
        <div class="CoverPop-content splash-center">
        <h2 class="splash-title"><? $holiday['name'] ?> <?= $u ?></h2>
        <p class="splash-intro">This is a test holiday</p>
        <p class="close-splash"><a class="CoverPop-close" href="#">Hit ESC to exit</a></p>
    </div> 
</div>

<?php 
    } 
   } 
    } ?>

2nd... I"m not sure I'm looping correctly so this is what I'm trying to do...

I'm trying to loop through the entire xml [located below here] and all I am after is the date and name fields... which I thought I was picking up but I could off on my loops...

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated..

Thanks

John

<events>
<event>
<date>2015-02-12</date>
<name>New Year's Testing</name>
<flag_day>1</flag_day>
<url>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Year%27s_Day</url>
<description>New Year's Day is observed on January 1, the first day of the year on the modern Gregorian calendar as well as the Julian calendar used in ancient Rome. With most countries using the Gregorian calendar as their main calendar, New Year's Day is the closest thing to being the world's only truly global public holiday, often celebrated with fireworks at the stroke of midnight as the new year starts. January 1 on the Julian calendar currently corresponds to January 14 on the Gregorian calendar, and it is on that date that followers of some of the Eastern Orthodox churches celebrate the New Year.</description>
</event>
<event>
<date>2015-01-01</date>
<name>New Year's Day</name>
<flag_day>1</flag_day>
<url>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Year%27s_Day</url>
<description>New Year's Day is observed on January 1, the first day of the year on the modern Gregorian calendar as well as the Julian calendar used in ancient Rome. With most countries using the Gregorian calendar as their main calendar, New Year's Day is the closest thing to being the world's only truly global public holiday, often celebrated with fireworks at the stroke of midnight as the new year starts. January 1 on the Julian calendar currently corresponds to January 14 on the Gregorian calendar, and it is on that date that followers of some of the Eastern Orthodox churches celebrate the New Year.</description>
</event>
</events>

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.