encoding fields

sonnieboy

Hello gurus,

I have the following url with querystring values:

echo "<br /><br /><a class='btn btn-default' href='exportsw.php?start=".urlencode($row_start)."&end=".urlencode($num_rows)."&stypes=".urlencode($searchType)."'>Export to CSV</a>";

Please take note of  style=.'"urlencode($searchType) ."'

The values from the querystring is passed to exportsw.php using the following:

$stypest = $_GET['stypes']; // gives you the string value of styles in the
SELECT * FROM bids b where b.BidStatus = '".$keyvals[0]."' AND b.AliasID = '".$keyvals[1]."' 

URL // split that string at the '&' $parts = array_map('trim', explode('&', $stypest)); // now split each part of that array by the '=' to get the key/values foreach ($parts as $part) { $keyvals = array_map('trim', explode('=', $part)); }

When I run my app, the values passed to exportsw.php look like:  

BidStatus =  3 department =  77

BidStatus and department are form fields, not database fields.

The database field name for BidStatus is BidStatus and the database fieldname for department is AliasID.

I will like to encode each field separately so that when I run my query, I will like the query to look like this:

Select * from myTable where b.BidStatus = '4' AND b.AliasID = '77'

Right now when I the following query:

SELECT * FROM bids b. where b.BidStatus =  .'" $keyvals[0] "'. AND b.AliasID = .'" $keyvals[1] "'.

It displays following on echo:

SELECT * FROM bids b where b.AliasID = 4&department

This is wrong but I believe that encoding the fields separately will solve the problem but I am not sure how to do this.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

I will like to encode each field separately so that when I run my query, I will like the query to look like this:

Select * from myTable where b.BidStatus = '4' AND b.AliasID = '77'

No, you don't want it to look like that. You should not use "SELECT * " and numeric values should not be quoted.

What is the relationship between "start" and "end" that you pass to your script via the URL and "bidStatus" and "department"

Ok, sorry for the mis-information.

The two fields I would like to encode separately are BidStatus and department.

For some reason, the following code didn't format correctly:

URL // split that string at the '&' 
$parts = array_map('trim', explode('&', $stypest)); 

// now split each part of that array by the '=' to get the key/values 
foreach ($parts as $part) 
{ 
$keyvals = array_map('trim', explode('=', $part));
}

As stated originally, when I echo above code, the results displayed are BidStatus =  3 department = 77, exactly like that.

What I would like to do is in my query, find a way to remove BidStatus and department so that my query looks like this:

Select * from bids where b.BidStatus = 3 and b.AliasID = '77'

BidStatus is numeric but AliasID which is deptID is string.

I am not worried about $start and $end. Those work fine already.

I really appreciate you guys help.

Thank you

echo "<br /><br /><a class='btn btn-default' href='exportsw.php?start=".urlencode($row_start)."&end=".urlencode($num_rows)."&stypes=".urlencode($searchType)."'>Export to CSV</a>";

Hi Muddy,

Is this what you want to see?

I applied var_dump to get the following:

array(2) { [0]=> string(9) "BidStatus" [1]=> string(1) "1" } array(2) { [0]=> string(10) "department" [1]=> string(1) "2" }

Mac,

This is getting more and more complicated, I suppose.

I thought I was doing that with this code with url with querystring above?

Thanks a bunch Muddy.

This is what I am getting when I applied your solution:

where b.BidStatus = 'e' AND b.AliasID = ''

//just to be certain I am passing everything correctly, I am including the rest of code where I am grabbing the values of $stypes:

$stypest = $_GET['stypes']; // gives you the string value of styles in the URL

// split that string at the '&'
$parts = array_map('trim', explode('&', $stypest));

foreach ($parts as $part) {
$keyvals = array_map('trim', explode('=', $part));

right, that meens that at the point it get's to the query build it's not a 2D array like it said it was, make sure your vardump is directly before your query and try it again, somethings not adding up with that.

also,

$parts = array_map('trim', explode('&', $stypest)); //what does trim do?

foreach ($parts as $part)

{

$keyvals = array_map('trim', explode('=', $part)); // and why do you do it again here?
}
/*
consider changing the above to:
foreach($parts as $part){
$twoDeepKeyVals[] = explode("=",$part))
}
foreach($twoDeepKeyVals as $row){
$keyVals[$row[0]] = $row[1];
}
print_r($keyVals);

if($_GET["bidDate"] !== ''){
      	$sql = " SELECT c.* FROM (
  			SELECT ROW_NUMBER() OVER(ORDER BY b.ID) AS RowID,CONVERT(VARCHAR(11), b.BidDate, 106) BidDate,CONVERT(VARCHAR(11), b.DueDate, 106) DueDate, b.DueTime,  b.BidTitle, b.BidID, da.DeptAlias, b.BidType, CASE WHEN b.AwardDate ='01/01/1900' Then NULL ELSe CONVERT(VARCHAR(11), b.AwardDate, 106) END AS AwardDate, CASE WHEN b.LastUpdate='01/01/1900' THEN NULL ELSE CONVERT(VARCHAR(11), b.LastUpdate, 106) END AS LastUpdate, s.Status
            FROM bids b inner join DeptALIAS da on b.AliasID = da.AliasID inner join Dept d on da.DeptCode =d.DeptCode inner join Status s on b.BidStatus=s.StatusId where b.BidDate = '".ms_escape_string($_GET["bidDate"])."'
  			) AS c
  	";
      }
     elseif($_GET["dueDate"] !== '' ){
   			SELECT ROW_NUMBER() OVER(ORDER BY b.ID) AS RowID,CONVERT(VARCHAR(11), b.BidDate, 106) BidDate,CONVERT(VARCHAR(11), b.DueDate, 106) DueDate, b.DueTime,  b.BidTitle, b.BidID, da.DeptAlias, b.BidType, CASE WHEN b.AwardDate ='01/01/1900' Then NULL ELSe CONVERT(VARCHAR(11), b.AwardDate, 106) END AS AwardDate, CASE WHEN b.LastUpdate='01/01/1900' THEN NULL ELSE CONVERT(VARCHAR(11), b.LastUpdate, 106) END AS LastUpdate, s.Status
             FROM bids b inner join DeptALIAS da on b.AliasID = da.AliasID inner join Dept d on da.DeptCode =d.DeptCode inner join Status s on b.BidStatus=s.StatusId where b.DueDate = '".ms_escape_string($_GET["dueDate"])."'
   			) AS c
   	";
   }
   elseif($_GET["BidStatus"] !==false && $_GET["department"] !== false) {
             FROM bids b inner join DeptALIAS da on b.AliasID = da.AliasID inner join Dept d on da.DeptCode =d.DeptCode inner join Status s on b.BidStatus=s.StatusId where b.BidStatus = '".ms_escape_string($_GET["BidStatus"])."' AND b.AliasID = '".ms_escape_string($_GET["department"])."'
   			) AS c
   	";
   }
else {
   echo "no data found";
    }
Array ( [] => )

This is the printed results from your latest code:

Also, I made some changes to the link with querystring. I should have thought about this sooner. Here is the change:

Now, the querystring values for $searchType now looks like this:

exportsw.php?start=0&end=20&BidStatus=3&department=77

So, it doesn't matter what value you passed to $searchType, one field or 5 fields, you get that formfield=theValue.

I think this makes easier now to grab the values using the GET method.

For instance, I am now able to see the correct results when I grab the querystring values of BidStatus and department:

Select * from bids where b.bidStatus= .'" ms_escape_string($_GET["BidStatus"] ) ."' AND .'" ms_escape_string($_GET["department"]) ."'

However, while this works now, the rest of the code is not working.

For instance, the following are part of the query:

Can you please help me fix this part and we will be good to go?

Thanks a lot.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.