PHP with MYSQL

magcr23
Go to solution Solved by PravinS,

Hi guys, i need your help.

the gold is when the allow button is pressed, in database, where visivel=0 become visivel=1.

<?php
require("bd/conexao.php");       
$sql = "SELECT * FROM produtos";
//$qr = mysql_query($sql) or die(mysql_error());
//$ln = mysql_fetch_assoc($qr); 
$resultado = mysql_query($sql);
$row = mysql_fetch_array($resultado);

if ($row{"visivel"}== 0){
$update= "UPDATE produtos SET visivel = 1 WHERE visivel = 0";
echo $update;
}
else {
echo "o produto ja esta visivel";
}   
?>

when i run that, i can see the echo but $update don't work, what am i doing wrong?

• Solution

You missed mysql_query() for UPDATE query, also SELECT query should be below UPDATE query, so you will get updated data

<?php
	require("bd/conexao.php");       
	if ($row{"visivel"}== 0)
	{
		$update= "UPDATE produtos SET visivel = 1 WHERE visivel = 0";
		mysql_query($update);
		echo $update;
	}
	else
	{
		echo "o produto ja esta visivel";
	}   

$sql = "SELECT * FROM produtos";
	$resultado = mysql_query($sql);
	$row = mysql_fetch_array($resultado);
?>

You missed mysql_query() for UPDATE query, also SELECT query should be below UPDATE query, so you will get updated data

That solution isn't going to quite work since $row{"visivel"} comes from the first query.

@magcr23 - That first query probably is not necessary. The update query will only change visivel when it is equal to zero.

If you need to show the message about the product already being shown, you could use mysql_affected_rows(). More information about the function can be found here:

http://php.net/manual/en/function.mysql-affected-rows.php

That solution isn't going to quite work since $row{"visivel"} comes from the first query.

@magcr23 - That first query probably is not necessary. The update query will only change visivel when it is equal to zero.

If you need to show the message about the product already being shown, you could use mysql_affected_rows(). More information about the function can be found here:

http://php.net/manual/en/function.mysql-affected-rows.php

oh sorry, i missed that

The message about the product already being shown was just for test. With your help i made it work, thx for that.

But now i saw a new problem, i can't do

$update= "UPDATE produtos SET visivel = 1 WHERE visivel = 0"; because it will update all visivel = 0, and i want update only 1.

rrux86pwm7sdqku1q5.png

As you can see i have a list of products, when i click allow on the first it will update all the others to visivel=1 when i only want 1 of them. 

Any sugestions to solve that?

btw, in my data base i have id, name, description, imgPath, price, visivel(allowed).

Edited by magcr23

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.