How to Hide some PHP files in my Localhost page PLS HELP ME

Hi

I had done one project. It contains more than 10 files. Now I planned to post all files into Production environment and then all the User's will be start to using that.  Now I need help for,
I would like to show onle the Login_screen.php file in Localhost webpage screen(as a Front page for my Project). How to set this in Apache software?  ???

Is this possible?

Thanks for your help.

By
Sivanath.N

There two ways, the first way is to create a .htaccess file in the folder in which login_screen.php locates and add the following code to it:

[code]Indexes Login_screen.php[/code]
Now when ever you go to  http://localhost/ it should loadup login_screen.php automatically

Or the other option will be to create an index.html file and then use a meta refresh so it loads up Login_screen.php

I can't create  [b].htaccess[/b] in my login_screen located floder because if I put (Dot) [b][b].[/b][/b]htaccess it shows one messege box  " you must enter file name "!!! 

My Apache root is D:/MyPHPWebPages with in this I create another folder named SRT, this folder inlude all my project programming files. Now How could I create that folder and is it enough for add only one line into that (htaccess) file " Indexes Login_screen.php "    ?

Pls tell me briefly still I could't understood your reply? Sorry pls help me for this.

By
Sivanath.N

• 3 weeks later...
if the problem is to create .htaccess file you can try this way.

let's say your working place is c:\abc,

first create an text file and save it in any name, say a.txt;

then go to command prompt and rename it

ren a.txt .htaccess

then open the .htacess file and write your code. try

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.