Please prove mod_rewrite SEFU dont get penalized by Google

juglesh

Please prove mod_rewrite SEFU dont get penalized by Google

Hello, I am trying to find links that prove mod_rewritten SEFU's are *actually* search engine friendly.  I know all about how m_r works, and believe that when google sees "www.mydomain.com/key/value/etc/etc.htm"  or "www.mydomain.com/key-value-etc-etc.htm" that there is no way for google to know that i am actually doing "www.mydomain.com/index.php?key=value&etc=etc".  Furthermore, I belive that google has no way of knowing that I am running most of the site off of index.php.

Furthermore, the reading I've done says there's nothing wrong with index.php?key=value anyway.  The SE's dont seem to have a problem spidering these links anymore.

I am trying to convince a person that while the whole thing seems a little "black hat" there is no way for google or other SE's to penalize you because you are not doing a re-direct or anything.  You give the link as "/key/value" and mod_rewrite says "Oh, he's asking for /key/value, but what he really wants is ?key=value.  lets give him that, but not tell him"

If anyone can help me prove this point (or, prove me wrong) I would appreciate it.

thanks for your time,
juglesh

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.