Trouble with LOAD DATA INFILE

Muddy_Funster
Go to solution Solved by Barand,

So I'm trying to import 2104320 lines from a CSV into a table using the following: (some names changed to protect the guilty)

LOAD DATA INFILE '/var/.../MYDATA.CSV'
REPLACE
INTO TABLE mydata
FIELDS 
  TERMINATED BY ','
  ENCLOSED BY '"' 

LINES 
  TERMINATED BY '\n'
  IGNORE 1 LINES

(@c1,...@c107)
SET
stcode = @c1,
tvalue = @c105

Problem is, it's only importing 1052160 lines.  When I looked through the table I seen that relative ID fields have only got their odd number values (1,3,5,7...) so as the CSV has a row of headings, it's only loading in every second line.  I have run it without the IGNORE 1 LINES and this hasn't made a difference.

I have tried changing the escape character in case that was a problem - didn't help.  I have also increased buffers and timeouts on the MYSQL server, that didn't help either,  I have no control over the CSV as it's auto generated by third party software. As the file is created on a windows platform i'm re-running just now using line termination of '\r\n' but am not confident as I would have thought that if the line terminator was wrong I wouldn't have any lines.  Anyone have any other suggestions while I wait (it takes a while as it's actually running over the network using a hardlink) - I will update once it's complete.

Cheers Barand - congrats on Mod by the way, I only just realised.

I kinda broke the table :/  (some perpetual locking issue caused the query to hang and then blocked further attempts) so have had to rebuild from a backup template and am re-running now. sadly I have a family matter to attend to this after-noon and this is likely going to have to hang in the air over the weekend.  I will get back to you with the results (fingers crossed this will do it).

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.