Something simple

shirvo

I dont know how to set it up but all .php websites must use it somewhere. And forums use it all the time. I want to have data pulled from a database eg name, email, phone and a link button to send them a message and then to have a user go into there messages and all there messages come up. So how do i do this.

your post is a little hard to follow... but if i get you right you essentially need a pm system like boards have? and some where displaying thier information?

if thats what your after, and you dont know anything about php? or mysql? the best thing i could do for you is suggest googling a blog tutorial (coding it...) because it will show you how to set up a comment box, store it in the database and how to retrieve it where you need it... which is what a pm system is... also your gonna need to research forms, and recordset? i think its called... anyways what i mean is you need to understand how to send information to the database through variables via a html form and where and how to retrieve it....

I mentioned this because it didnt seem like you knew anything about php and mysql. If you already knew this sorry for the misunderstnding... and i hope this helped.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.