How to make Form Information go to your e-mail.

!!!!!

I would like to know how you make information that users enter on a form go to your e-mail, or to post it on another page (preferrably onto another page). Except, I would not want the users to be able to see where all the information is stored. Also, I would like to know how to make it so that when people type in a Password their text appears as *'s. And also on the page that they go to when they click Submit. And finally, how to make the information that shows on the page that they go to when they hit Submit a different color. (how to make their username orange) Thanks!

How much php do you know? This is a pretty broad but straight forward question. I suggest you learn php, then you can likely answer this question yourself.

A good place to start might be [url=http://www.hudzilla.org/phpbook]here[/url].

[quote author=thorpe link=topic=118121.msg482365#msg482365 date=1165798186]
How much php do you know? This is a pretty broad but straight forward question. I suggest you learn php, then you can likely answer this question yourself.

A good place to start might be [url=http://www.hudzilla.org/phpbook]here[/url].
[/quote]doesn't really matter does it... this is the PHP help forum, and your not helping - i want a specific question answered

[quote author=!!!!! link=topic=118121.msg482366#msg482366 date=1165798253]doesn't really matter does it... this is the PHP help forum, and your not helping - i want a specific question answered
[/quote]

Actually, unless you're looking for someone to write it for you, he gave you the best possible help there is.  The ONLY way to learn PHP is to actually learn it.  If you're looking for someone to write it, then might I suggest hiring a web designer?  With the attitude of the last message, I don't see you getting anyone to write it for free.

P.S. I don't claim to be a PHP expert.  Nor do I ever expect to be.  But I've learned quite a bit by reading the tutorials and seeing what I could come up with.  Then as issues have come up, I've asked for help and recieved an immense amount of help from many people here--Thorpe among them.

Okay, sorry. I just got a little frustrated. My friend was just cursing at me for something he thinks I did yesterday... Still shouldn't have did that.

I will check out that site and see what I can find, but if at all possible, It would be very helpful if somebody could write me a little code on the first question. Thanks, and sorry again.

[quote author=!!!!! link=topic=118121.msg482372#msg482372 date=1165798872]
Okay, sorry. I just got a little frustrated. My friend was just cursing at me for something he thinks I did yesterday... Still shouldn't have did that.
[/quote]

Everybody has a bad day--I've been known to go off a tad bit in the past myself.

[quote]It would be very helpful if somebody could write me a little code on the first question.[/quote]

Your first question is actually the only one which is php related, the other are basic html which you will likely need to learn before php.

You might want to take a look at the manual entry for the [url=http://php.net/mail]mail[/url] function. Its hard to tell what you want really, your subject says one thing, then the content of your question another.

Maybe a read of the link in my signiture would be helpfull aswell.

[quote]Everybody has a bad day[/quote]

And yes. Im having a bad day.

[code]
<?php
$to      = 'nobody@example.com';
$subject = 'the subject';

foreach($_POST AS $key=>$value){
$message .= $key . " - " . $value . "\r\n";
}
$headers = 'From: webmaster@example.com' . "\r\n" .
  'Reply-To: webmaster@example.com' . "\r\n" .
  'X-Mailer: PHP/' . phpversion();

mail($to, $subject, $message, $headers);
?>
[/code]

This will email your message - I would watch what you do with something this basic because you may open your self to mail() spam on your server and you would not even know it. So you will want to read on that or get a good mailer.

[quote author=drifter link=topic=118121.msg482376#msg482376 date=1165799336]
[code]
<?php
$to      = 'nobody@example.com';
$subject = 'the subject';

foreach($_POST AS $key=>$value){
$message .= $key . " - " . $value . "\r\n";
}
$headers = 'From: webmaster@example.com' . "\r\n" .
   'Reply-To: webmaster@example.com' . "\r\n" .
   'X-Mailer: PHP/' . phpversion();

mail($to, $subject, $message, $headers);
?>
[/code]

This will email your message - I would watch what you do with something this basic because you may open your self to mail() spam on your server and you would not even know it. So you will want to read on that or get a good mailer.
[/quote]Thanks drifter... EDITED

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.