Please help review my datagrid for speed enhancements

ThunderAI

It may be simply because I did a quick once over of it, but I didn't notice any paging of any sort. Do you have any sort of pagination or buffer for queries that are going to return an inordinate amount of records? That will speed up a data grid immensely.

[quote author=taith link=topic=118754.msg485564#msg485564 date=1166206046]
secondly...

[code]
$adataselect[0]  = "";
[/code]

is much faster set once

[code]
$adataselect  = array('','','','','');
[/code]
[/quote]

As far as that goes, if you're buffering your input into the arrays, why do you need to populate the values with empty strings in the first place? Just create an empty array for what you're after, and then assign the values of the keys as need be:
[code]
<?php
$adataselect = array();

// Later in the code
$adataselect[4] = "Whatever";
?>
[/code]

I have thought about this before, it is not too hard to do, i'll give it a shot. Thanks

[quote author=taith link=topic=118754.msg485564#msg485564 date=1166206046]
secondly...

[code]
$adataselect[0]   = "";
[/code]

is much faster set once

[code]
$adataselect  = array('','','','','');
[/code]
[/quote]

There is no buffering or paging of any kind. From what I have read, I wont beable to buffer the text because all of it is inside of a table.  Oddly enough, I dont understand why the queries take much longer with PHP and MySQL then they do with ASP and Access.. Seems to run countrary to what I expected from the migration.

[quote author=obsidian link=topic=118754.msg485568#msg485568 date=1166206126]
It may be simply because I did a quick once over of it, but I didn't notice any paging of any sort. Do you have any sort of pagination or buffer for queries that are going to return an inordinate amount of records? That will speed up a data grid immensely.
[/quote]

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.