Loading tweens inbetween Searches/Loads!??!

suess0r

Hi,

i'm trying to create a motion.gif that will give some sort of loading. . . while my pages are searching for a query or loading a page that has kind of a slow loading time. I have no clue how to either A. make the .gif play while i'm loading B. Where to insert that "loading portion" of my code C. What determines when a page is actually 'loading' anything?? i dunno if i'm in the right section but felt this fell under layout portion, i appreciate everyone's help. I love this forum  ;D

• 5 weeks later...
Your slow loading time is probably not due to your code. I have a 4200 amd athlon 64bit with 2gb of ram and I wrote a 400-550 line module for my framework. On this pc  running windows 64 with apache 2.2 and php5.20 I got a slight pause on the initial load. I was worried as I loved the code and wanted to keep it. After putting the code on my laptop that is running linux i experienced no slowness at all when using it in conjunction with the rest of the framework that is currently around 5000 lines of code.

To top it off my laptop does not have any advanced cachers installed on it. When your sites start to get much larger you can cache portions. If you are experiencing slowness make sure you test it on another server as I somehow find it impossible that your code\db could slow down the server

I just had another look at your question and i recommend you open mysql in the command line and run the same question. If you experience no slowness the slowness is from php. I somehow doubt you have a database with thousands upon thousands of records.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.