Enabling PHP for CentOS 7

Hi,

I installed PHP (source code) version 7.2.3 in one of our development environments.

I am setting up wordpress, and to test whether or not PHP is working I insert this in the browser :

http://192.168.120.203/wp-admin/install.php

I get this error :

Error: PHP is not running.WordPress requires that your web server is running PHP. Your server does not have PHP installed, or PHP is turned off.

So how do I ensure that PHP is running. I can see the php version when I run php -v :

[root@dev-mumo ~]# php -v
PHP 7.2.3 (cli) (built: Jan 27 2020 21:41:21) ( ZTS )
Copyright (c) 1997-2018 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v3.2.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2018 Zend Technologies
[root@dev-mumo ~]#

I am not sure what to do next to make sure php is running.

Edited by anaigini

Wordpress is going to run under/through the webserver.  There are many ways to configure this, whether it be apache/mod_php, or nginx/php-fpm, or apache/php-fpm etc.  We would need more information on your webserver and it's configuration.  Did you try to make a simple phpinfo()  file in the root directory of your wordpress install?  Are there any other php apps setup to run on this server?

Step 1:  make a test file:

// test.php
<?php

phpinfo();

Navigate to this and report back the results.

Step2:  Provide details on the web server and php configuration.  Double check the php specific parts of this configuration

Step3:  Provde this information from your shell:  

sudo rpm -qa | grep php

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.