Radio button value

luvburn

Ok... i have one page that have a recordset with radio button in it. The recordset only display 10 records. User will have to click 'next' button to see another 10 records and so on. How do i keep the value of radio button for each records cause whenever i go to the next page, the value from previous page disappear, the submit button is at the last page. I want to submit all radio buttons values to another page.

Are you saying that you have a list of items and for each there are a two or more options that may be selected using radio buttons?

You will need to submit form values each page, but not as in processing the final values but you will need to submit to get the selected radio buttons into the session on the next page.

You will need to start or resume a session on the start of each page where you are using the form (if you are already using sessions in your script thats great!, you dont/cant start a second session)

[code]
<?php
sessionstart();
?>
[/code]

on each form page, you will need to take submitted form values and save to them to a session variable, so for example if you have a form input named 'inputone', you would use this:

[code]
$_SESSION['inputone'] = $_POST['inputone'];  // note to change to $_GET['inputone'] if get method used
[/code]

Do this for each form element on each page to store all values ready for submission.  Then when you are ready to submit and process all the data, just refer to each of the $_SESSION['input...'] variables for the required values.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.