Php/Mysql help

patsman77

Hello,

I am working on a side project. Its a football pick sheet where you pick the winners of the games. I now have it to where I can get the picks sent to the database correctly. Here is my issue. On the ACTION script of the form I have it sent to a php script to send picks to database.....I also want to use an ACTION script to goto a cgi file that sends an email to the submitter of the form. I can get 1 or the other 2 work, but not both...here is what I have now....

<FORM NAME="PickForm"  ACTION="insert.php" METHOD="POST">

Is there a way I can also get the ACTION to goto a cgi?

Another issue I am having, I am trying to make this so when the user goes to this form page, that it checks the database to see if this user already made selections, and if so, those selections are visible(selections are made in radio button form, so the radio button of the team they selected would be selected). If anyone can send me in the right direction that would be great, as of right now I am stymied! Thanx in advance,

Patsman77

My advice would be to get php to send the mail as suggested already.

PHP's [url=http://uk.php.net/manual/en/function.mail.php]mail()[/url] function is extremely easy to use and it's very effective.  I'm sure It'll be able to do everything that your current CGI script does.

Regards
Huggie

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.