[code] function addEvent(maxCols) {
  var ni = document.getElementById('myDiv');
  var numi = document.getElementById('theValue');
  var num = (document.getElementById('theValue').value -1)+ 2;
  numi.value = num;
  var divIdName = "my"+num+"Div";

var divContents = "";

for(a=0; a < maxCols; a++) {

divContents += "<input class=\"inputFields\" name=\"rowContents["+num+"]["+a+"]\" style=\"width: 150px;\" value=\"\" type=\"text\">&nbsp;";

}

var newdiv = document.createElement('div');
  newdiv.setAttribute("id",divIdName);
  newdiv.innerHTML = "Row "+num+" "+divContents+"&nbsp;<a href=\"javascript:;\" onclick=\"removeEvent(\'"+divIdName+"\')\">Poista rivi "+num+"</a>";
  ni.appendChild(newdiv);
}

<input type="hidden" value="' . $row . '" id="theValue" />
        <a href="javascript:;" onclick="addEvent(\'' . $colCount . '\');">Add row</a><br /><br />
        <div id="myDiv"> </div>[/code]

$row = my starting row(code from php as well the whle "add rows thingy"

Firefox (1.5.0.8) cannot read the field values that are dynamically added but IE(7) can. How should I modify this code that mozilla could read the field values?

So when I post a form the elements dynamically created are posted within. No trouble in IE.

Thanks

You see IE is, for lack of a better term, Crap.. You should always design your apps with FF and or Opera in mind and then work it into IE. The reason that I say this is that there are few things that work in FF that will not in IE.. On the other hand you can almost have any mess of code and it will work in IE...

Have you looked at the Javascript Console in FF? If not, you might want to check it out. As it should give you a decent description as to what the problem is.

Good Luck,
Tom

[quote]$row = my starting row(code from php as well the whle "add rows thingy")[/quote]

It is filled correctly - so that is not the problem. For some reason mozilla ignores these fields created with javascript when posting the form. If I echo out print_r($_POST) after form submission with PHP, Mozilla only prints out values for fields generated with php. IE echoes out lines generated with PHP and Javascript.

Well when looking through your code again I saw that you are setting the id attribute twice.. I am not really sure if that is what the problem is but...  I suspect that this is not the full code. Can you please post a link to the live version?

Good Luck,
Tom

[code]
<head>
  <script type="text/javascript">
<!--

function addEvent(maxCols) {
  var ni = document.getElementById('myDiv');
  var numi = document.getElementById('theValue');
  var num = (document.getElementById('theValue').value -1)+ 2;
  numi.value = num;
  var divIdName = "my"+num+"Div";

var divContents = "";

for(a=0; a < maxCols; a++) {

divContents += "<input class=\"inputFields\" name=\"rowContents["+num+"]["+a+"]\" style=\"width: 150px;\" value=\"\" type=\"text\">&nbsp;";

}

var newdiv = document.createElement('div');
  newdiv.innerHTML = "Rivi "+num+" "+divContents+"&nbsp;<a href=\"javascript:;\" onclick=\"removeEvent(\'"+divIdName+"\')\">Poista rivi "+num+"</a>";
  ni.appendChild(newdiv);
}

function removeEvent(divNum) {
  var d = document.getElementById('myDiv');
  var olddiv = document.getElementById(divNum);
  d.removeChild(olddiv);
}

//-->
  </script>
</head>

<body>
<input type="hidden" value="' { my start value goes here, numeric } '" id="theValue" />
<a href="javascript:;" onclick="addEvent(\'' . $colCount . '\');">Lisää rivejä</a><br /><br />
<div id="myDiv"> </div>
</body>

Live example on web, but not using forms (this is where I adapted my code and modified):
[url]http://www.dustindiaz.com/add-and-remove-html-elements-dynamically-with-javascript/[/url]

[/code]

Ok, I solved this. Gladly there was nothing wrong with the javascript code, but form positions on page. It seems to be "illegal" to build forms like <table><tbody><form><tr><td></td></tr></form></tbody></table>, Mozilla and evidently Opera cannot read the form properly, at least not with "dynamic fields". I didn't think this the first because I've never had this kind of trouble with forms.

When I changed the form -tags right before and after the table tags, my page started working perfectly :S

I'm glad though, I just have a lot to repair in my other scripts now x)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.