Site layout problem

kaz_64

Hi, I'm currently designing a new community site and this is my first time doing a layout using 100% divs and no tables, so just bear with me if i don't understand something at first or if this is super easy to fix :P

also i'd like to apologize in advance if this is covered somewhere else, i searched but i didn't find anything that looked like it could apply to my problem.

so here's my problem, my site looks exactly the way i want it to when the window is maximized, but as soon as you resize it, everything goes horribly wrong on the top nav bar, i have tried setting overflow to auto and other things like that, but nothing seems to work.

[url=http://sdd.listenuppunk.net/]http://sdd.listenuppunk.net/[/url]

Looks great for your first accessible site.  You may want to consider getting rid of the table on your login form.  CSS does a great job at laying out forms while keeping the semantics of your mark-up proper.  Also, consider using unordered lists for your menus, the structure of a list really goes hand in hand with a menu's structure. 

Rachel Andrew has written some great books on CSS.  If you are really serious about using CSS I would suggest her as a great start.

thank you very much.... the table in that section is only a temporary one, i'll be changing it to divs once i finish the work on some other sections...

but i still have the problem of the window resizing.... it only looks the way it's supposed to when the window is maximized :(

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.