Php and Preg Match

PNewCode

Hello. I have the following that works great for youtube links. I'm using this to show a thumbnail with the help of some other coding that works awesome. However there needs something added. I tried to alter this in many various way but I don't seem to get a grasp on how to split it up right to add to it. The following is what I have.

$url = "$ytvideo1";
parse_str( parse_url( $url, PHP_URL_QUERY ), $vid );
preg_match('%(?:youtube(?:-nocookie)?\.com/(?:[^/]+/.+/|(?:v|e(?:mbed)?)/|.*[?&]v=)|youtu\.be/)([^"&?/ ]{11})%i', $url, $match);
$youtube_id = $match[1];

And it works for ALMOST all of the youtube links. However if I have one that is like 

Then it doesn't work. I tried to add the "si" in there in multiple ways but not sure how. This is the only type of link that is stumping me so far

Any thoughts on how to alter what I have to make it work?

PS, I know it's adding my examples as links. I'm sorry. I couldn't find how to add those without it auto linking.

As far as it could be an error, try adding ini_set('display_errors', '1'); and error_reporting(E_ALL); at the top of your file.

Also, regex101.com is a great website for debugging why the regex isn't working. It also has good documentation.

@Andou thank you, however The regex I have now works. I'm not getting any errors. But it's not doing what it needs to do because some links are like the example I gave instead of the other types. the "si" part is what needs to be added and those are also more than 11 characters

I looked up a lot of docs on regex and the link you gave too. But that will have to be for when I can learn from scratch instead of just adding to what I have. Though I fully plan to do that asap