Showing x of x photos problem

tjhilder

I'm trying to create an addon for my gallery that basicly says "Viewing XX of XX in xxcategoryxx" but I'm running into some problems.

first I thought i'd try just using the $_GET['id'] in connection with the id in the mysql table to get the the Viewing [b]XX[/b] of XX which works fine so long as you don't delete any rows from the mysql database, so I need something that shows what mysql row i'm on

I thought maybe $counting = current($row); would work but it's doing the same thing as if it was counting the id from the database

say if theres' 5 pics but you deleted one like this..

id  |  pic
1      1
2      2
4      4
5      5

i want it to show up like this

id 1 gets you 1 of X
id 2 gets you 2 of x
id 4 gets you 3 of x
id 5 gets you 4 of x

and so on, but I can't seem to find anything that works atm.

my query:

[code]SELECT
photo_url,
photos.album_name,
photos.album_id,
photo_views
FROM photos
LEFT JOIN albums ON photos.album_id=albums.album_id
WHERE (
photos.album_name='{$category'
AND
photo_url='{$photoid}')[/code]

I managed to figure it out, here's my query.

[code]SELECT COUNT(photo_url) FROM photos WHERE (album_name='{$category}') AND (photo_url BETWEEN 1 AND {$photo_id})) AS current_count[/code]

I used a subquery so that I could give it it's own WHERE clause which I used to count the number of rows between 1 and the photo_id of the album_id which you would have been viewing, to count how what the [b]XX[/b] of XX would be regardless of what the the $_GET id would be.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.