Design of a database for a price list

Gawi
Go to solution Solved by mac_gyver,

Hello everyone,
at the beginning - I'M LEARNING - maybe I'll ask questions wrong - so I'm asking for your understanding.

I need to create a price list - or, in fact, several price lists in one application based on the sheet provided by the boss.

It looks something like this:
one sheet, several dozen workbooks, various table formats.

Could someone guide me on how to design the base to achieve a similar effect?

tabela1.PNG

tabela2.PNG

• Solution

i/we don't understand abbreviations like tpu, pu, n, n 2, r, r 2 that would give meaning to the posted information. can you provide some context, in English, for the two examples you have posted? are these different categories of items?

ultimately,  your task boils down to database normalization. you can search on the web to find out what this means.

to start with, you need an item table that holds the unique information about the items, one row per item. at a minimum, this table would have columns for - id (autoincrement primary index), and name.  this will establish the item ids that will get used when storing data related to the items.

if these various wookbooks are for different categories of items, you also need a category table that holds the unique information about the categories, one row per category. at a minimum, this table would have columns for - id (autoincrement primary index), and name.  this will establish the category ids that will get used when storing data related to the categories. if this is the case, the above item table would also have a category_id column that will hold the corresponding category id for each item.

since i/we don't know if pricing is per category, per item, or per list of items. i.e. what the extent and scope of the data is, i cannot offer any specific suggestions beyond the above.