TEXTAREA strange problem

WickEd

Hi there,

I'm building a website using a modified WordPress theme. The theme uses a file called comments.php, which creates the input elements for user comments and such.

Because I have moderated this design, I have resized the main 'div' element to fit in an extra column. Unfortunately, the TEXTAREA in this section, found in comments.php, refuses to go any smaller and bumps extends outside this div, bumping other things out of its way.

I'm using the simplest form of this command I can think of;

<TEXTAREA WRAP="physical" NAME="comment" ROWS="4" COLS="20">A textarea.</TEXTAREA>

and yet it does not change shape from what I would say is about 8 rows high and 50 cols - a good looking textarea but one too large. Can anyone think of why on Earth this would be happening? It's driving me nuts! Even the line

<textarea>A textarea</textarea>

right below that one makes that big-sized textarea, however on a different file I can modify the rows and cols no problem.

Is this a PHP error overriding some other values? What do I look for?

Thanks so much guys.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.