An old question again.

Stopofeger

I think this question have been asked several times here, but i couldn't help but asking again.
Which framework shud i choose?

I have been a php prog for a about year. i have also done some opensource apps including a forum system. But its just few  days i have decided to do freelancing. But what i have seen in the freelance sites. One either need to extremely fast coder or have a company which i dont have.

So the thing is to be able to build apps rapidly. For that i wud need loads of classes ready so that i can do all those repeated tasks like validation, user management, login management by creating an object.
Is there any framework to be able to manage these repeated but mandatory tasks?

most of them will take care of many of these repeated tasks in some form, or at least make them much much quicker and easier to implement. But the framework you choose will be a personal preference. Personally, as the MVC design pattern is the one most comfortable to me, I like both [url=http://www.cakephp.org]CakePHP[/url] and [url=http://www.codeigniter.com]CodeIgniter[/url].
Both are structured similarly, both enforce structure on you (a good thing, IMO) and both have tonnes of stuff ready to go straight out of the box.
CakePHP is the more mature and developed, and is developed by a team. Therefore, it's pretty stable and tried/tested. The way it handles your database and the tables too makes things a doddle.
CodeIgniter is the faster, more lightweight of the two as it uses much less by default - ie, you only load what you need when you need it - and it really has TONNES of stuff for dealing with everything you could want. It's also got a much better manual and comes with a slightly smaller learning curve.
Switching between the two was easy enough. I've said it before - you could ALMOST consider CodeIgniter (at the moment, at least) a nice introduction to MVC frameworks if you eventually want to go to Cake.
So:
CI = fast, TONNES of features, fairly powerful, great manual. problems? single coder does the whole thing and still quite new (which both could also be considered plus points, depending how you look at it)

Cake = very powerful, minimal tweaking, easy to use validation (it's built in), ok manual, larger community (hence more "bolt ons", etc), established/tried+tested. problems? pretty heavyweight core which seems to slow certain things down.

hope that helps.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.