Big screens

HoTDaWg

hi guys!

i am going to be hosting a dance at my school coming up in march and i was wondering if anyone knows what you call big huge screens like the kind people can see from possibly 50/100 feet away, and whether or not you can install them at plaaces like a school. If i can find one, im gonna be renting one and project whatever is on my computer onto it. Although im pretty sure no one can answer my question, im still gonna post this thread  ;D and help would be greatly appreciated.

HoTDaWg

actually no, our school has a nec projector and a screen the only problem is the screen for the nec projector is located infront of the stage, meaning that if u want to project something the nec projector it self needs to be placed at a certain positioning far away from the screen, and since its  a dance i dont want anyone stepping on the nec projectors wires, at the same time running into the nec projector cart. Space is limited. Im looking for a kind of screen which is basically kind of a background for the stage.

Go to Wal-Mart or radio shack and spend about 50 bucks on a real cheap projector...It won't be the best, but you can hook them up to dvd players or computers and play music videos from wal-mart, etc.    Set it all up on a table, perhaps get a large stand to make it pretty tall, and project it on the wall (I have done this once before).  Whitewall is what is required, so if there is no white, schools have those big rolls of colored paper...the stuff cheerleaders make their posters out of for Pep Rallies.  Spread one of those on the wall, and your all set.  Don't do a big screen, because chances are there will be some assholes that will be screwing around and they will break it. (Please throw crap at dances all the time).

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.