php/mysql print friendly page assistance

chronister

Happy New Year All....

I am creating a database for my aunt's extensive karaoke cd collection. I have everything working and am now working on the print friendly pages.

I am running into the problem of records running into another page. Does anyone know how to force the record to print to a new page if it would start at the end of page 1 and continue on page 2??

You can view what I am talking about by going to http://karaoke.ctsqc.com/printing.php?print=all

Page 1 ends right below the songs list and page 2 picks up with a physical description of the disk

I need to ensure that the data for a particular disk is not split on 2 pages, but kept on 1 page or forced to a new page for printing

note: the data is test data and not actual cd's, some is simply amusement for me

Thanks for all the help here... this is a great community

have you looked at just vreating a style sheet with th emedia="print" attribute?

this measn you don't need to create a diiferent html page for print - just use the same pages. There are some css properties to keep certain text with other text - i.e. to prevent it breaking over pages which is waht you're after.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.