Printing transparent gif in Firefox

cmccully

Hi,

I have a page with gif images that have a transparent background. This page displays correctly with both Firefox and IE. However, when I print this page to paper Firefox ignores the transparency in the gifs.

Anyone run accross this?

The page will display and print properly in Firefox if I use png images instead. However, IE will not dispaly them. I could have 2 different versions of the page and display according to the browser used but I am hopeing for an easyer solution.

cmccully

normally browsers will ignore background images when printing.

Although I notice you use a white image as a backgound - why?

you have this image that is the size of the page - you don't need it - it doesn't make the div it is the backgorund maintain a size - backgounds just fill the space available if the image is bigger than teh div it just cuts off.

img00003 and img00004 are the same - delete 00004 and just use 00003 twice.

Printing from a browser is different for most pages. normally floated elements are ignored completely. Not sure about absolute positioning and what it deos with them.

I personally would look into to creating a pdf on the - it looks liek you are producing a certificate - creating a pdf will ensure no matter what browser they use tehy will all get the same result. - and they can save the to their own pc if they like.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.