league help

onthespot

i dont know if anyone is willing to help me, but i have a website that is coded to allow a user to sign in, and basically thats all, i want an area where they can submit scores, e.g. 1-1 or 3-0, to other users, then the other user accepts! the result will then update a league table! any ideas? i need help on how to approach it!
thanks a lot  :)

That's a little vague.  It's not like we're going to sit here and walk you through it step by step.  There's a lot involved in doing what you're talking about.

But in reality, it's nothing more than a couple forms and permissions and some database work.

You might start out by saying what you do know how to do.  By the way, bumping your thread after 10 minutes on a Friday night (at least for me) isn't going to get you much of a different response.

sorry dude, i explained too briefly, i want say user X to be able to submit a score to user Y, from a drop down list of say, all the users in the league they are both in! so say there are League 1 and League 2, only League 1 players could submit results againt each other! and user X submits to user Y, who they confirms. The result is then added to the table!

[quote author=ober link=topic=121195.msg497891#msg497891 date=1168051778]
That's a little vague.  It's not like we're going to sit here and walk you through it step by step.  There's a lot involved in doing what you're talking about.

But in reality, it's nothing more than a couple forms and permissions and some database work.

You might start out by saying what you do know how to do.  By the way, bumping your thread after 10 minutes on a Friday night (at least for me) isn't going to get you much of a different response.
[/quote]

sorry about that, my bad dude!

See where you want to start is take a page throw a form on there with say the name of your game then with your sessions or however you keep track of who is logged on call him from the database and select what league he is in...then call every user from that league and string a drop down box.  basically its going to go to the page you specify with the form values which you can insert as a pending request in the database and when a user logs on he/she can simply confirm it by clicking on a button...if you want a starter code i could probably get you something

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.