smtp mail error.... HELP????? :'(

PC Nerd

i want to send an email from my localhost server, but i get this error on the page

" Warning: mail() [function.mail]: Failed to connect to mailserver at "localhost" port 25, verify your "SMTP" and "smtp_port" setting in php.ini or use ini_set() in ***File Name***/B_A-New_Player_Create.php on line 59

my code for sending the email is:

[code]$to = $Email;
$subject = "New Battle Ages Acccount Confirmation";
$Message = "To ".$F_Name."<br>";
$Message = $Message."User Name :".$User_Name."<br>";
$Message = $Message."Password :".$Password."<br>";
$Message = $Message."Security Number :".$Security_Number."<br><br>";
$Message = $Message."Please type your Security Number into the field below ( with no spaces or dash's), to activate your account";
$Message = $Message."Thankyou for signing up to Battle-Ages.  Please email us a the above address for help and support.<br><br>Yours, Battle-Ages Administration Team";
$header = "From: admin@battle-ages.itsmyland.com";

$Send_Mail = mail($to, $subject, $Message, $header);[/code]

i googled it, but i got really confused..... can anyone PLEASE help me

ok. im running on windows, i think i have a mail server locally, its mercury mailserver32 but i have no idea how to run it??? it comes with xampp i think, but i do have the option of reinstalling it seperately........ and if i run the mail through my isp would that mean that the email would be displayed as being a) from the email in the header ie( "From: email@address.com") or b) come from my email from the isp ( ie myemail@isp.net or something)???

thanks for all your help

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.