Complex SQL / php Statement ?

andrew_ww

Hello,

I'm trying to design quite a complex SQL statement - here what I need to accomplish:

I have built a form that is populated with records from mySQL db (table1).  This table has the following values:

ID
value1
value2
value3
value4

The first thing I need to do is to update whatever values the user puts into these new text boxes (over writing the existing records in the database, this I believe is quite simply using the UPDATE statement.  What I also need to do is to send the original value of ID and value 2 into table2, and equally the original value of ID, value3 and value4 in to the table3 along with the current date.

I need to do this because these values relate to a state, the history of which over time much be kept (for example on Monday it could status1, then on Wednesday it would change to status3)

Any ideas how I can accomplish this ?

Thanks.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.