Disallowing access from certain directories

The Little Guy

I let users upload php files, however I do not want them to be able to include or do anything with any files that are outside their directory. Example: [b]/mysite/username/public_html/users/bob/file.php[/b] I do not want bob to be able to access (include, mess with, anything) the file [b]/mysite/username/file.php or /mysite/username/public_html/file2.php[/b].

you either put .htaccess & .htpassword protection in plaace or you have some method to monitor via mysql and php.

This would require you giving each memeber their own folder and only allowing them to include stuff in that folder. If you allow them to put php files in there then you must also ensure that any coed they put in it doesn't include files outside their directory.

Good Luck.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.