How to reset apache

ryanclemens

I have made some changes to my .htaccess file and those changes are not showing up only the old changes.

I tried the file on another website I use and they work fine.  they are rewrite codes.

I was wondering if there is a setting or a step I am missing that keeps the server from looking at the new codes.

the website is hosted by godaddy.com  I am not sure if that has anything to do with it.

but when I first uploaded the .htaccess file it worked fine but then I made changes and those new changes are not showing up.

I am new to this, please any help would be great... just let me know what you need.

someone else will probably correct me because I'm usually wrong,  but you shouldn't need to reset apache when making changes to the .htaccess file.  If you modify the ini or other system files you would need to restart but my understanding is that .htaccess is read (and re-read) server side every time a file is called.

yeah it worked fine the first time I uploaded it to the server, but then I made some more changes and now it only works on the older stuff.  not any of the new things I put on it.

example.

I had /beta.php  rewrite to /beta/

and then I added /packages.php rewrite to /packages/

and the packages one doesn't work but the beta one still does.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.