What type of encoding is used here?

soadlink

Any of you know a way to tell what type of encoding was used with the following entries:

123 = [b]J8DH[/b]
1234 = [b]J8DHxg__[/b]
12345 = [b]J8DHxh4_[/b]
123abc [b]J8DHk0m4[/b]
abc = [b]d5CX[/b]
abcd =[b] d5CXlg__[/b]
abcde = [b]d5CXlk4_[/b]
abc123 [b]d5CXwxno[/b]

It looks like some kind of standard (like base64) but I can't tell, so I was hoping someone here might be able to figure it out. I need to this cause I am working on reversing a certain application, and this is how their passwords are encoded and sent to and from a certain server  :-\

I can give you any other words and their encoded version if you need more samples....it just takes me a few mins cause I have to do some packet scanning while creating a new account with this certain application.

Anyways, thanks a bunch  8)

[quote author=Daniel0 link=topic=123055.msg508159#msg508159 date=1169159360]
It may be some custom algorithm. If you got it in your code, post it here so we can see it.
[/quote]

I'm actually packet scanning while creating an account through a program (which is a .exe file), and the program does the encoding itself and sends the encoded version to a server. I pick up the encoded version of my password I chose through a packet scan. I didn't make the program (doing the encoding) so I dont have the source code :(

The encoding is the password of the account you are creating, so I know the before and after, I'd just like to know how its done without having to create an account/packet scan everytime.

thanks  8)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.