Object

ToonMariner

Hi guys n gals - touching on an old unsolved problem.

I have a LARGE mpg that the client MUST have on their site. I have created the site in xhtml 1.1 so I have to use the object tag to include this in a page but NOTHING I do is working.

I initially tried to convert to an mp4 file as it was smaller but kept getting the quicktime icon with the big '?'. So I reverted to mpg to see if that would help. But no....

This is what I have (put a smaller mpg up for now)

[code]
<object id="MMPlayer1" width="320" height="240" classid="clsid:22d6f312-b0f6-11d0-94ab-0080c74c7e95" type="application/mpeg">
<param name="src" value="/userfiles/media/bgs.mpg" />
<param name="autoplay" value="false" />
<param name="controller" value="true" />
<param name="loop" value="false" />
</object>
[/code]

What am I doing wrong? I do apologize but a little hand holding may be needed here. I have searched many a site, stolen all manner of html and to no avail. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

PS I can't use embed as its not valid xhtml.

OK i did something right!!!

If you go here you'll see...

[url=http://waringnetts.contrastcompany.co.uk/showreel]http://waringnetts.contrastcompany.co.uk/showreel[/url] Now the mp4 works fine - opens up in quicktime etc. etc. BUT quicktime plugin doesn't even initialize in FF.

I have also uploaded an mpg of the same video for those without quicktime. The irony of this is that the mpg runs fine in quick time but media player just sits there doing absolutely nothing.

If someone could please give some indication as to why this is so I would be very greatful.  If neccessary I will put some extra pages up with the different combinations of files and media players.

Much obliged...

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.