integrated login procedures and merging php scripts

DaveW

I'll try and keep this concise:

I'm trying to write an external login procedure that will synchronize the users of a wiki and a joomla CMS with our current VBulletin users community. So far, i've written some code that can access our database and verify the password. Therefore, i'll assume i can also write the code that checks other data and performs the synchronizations. The problem lies in the actual logging in.

VBulletin creates a session in it's database (I'm assuming they all do) via a file login.php, which is attached to a forum button. What i want to do is call this from my code that does the database synchronization, in the order:

1) Confirm pass
2) Sync Wiki with VBulletin (if needed)
3) Sync Joomla with VBulletin (if needed)
4) Create VBulletin session
5) Create Wiki session
6) Create Joomla Session

As the VBulletin takes data from $_POST, i really don't know how to change things to make this work. How do i get the data into $_POST and call it from a PHP script, and how do i repeat this 3 times? This is the first time i've written my own code in PHP, so please forgive me if the answer seems obvious. I've searched other posts and tutorials and couldn't find anything, although i wasn't really sure what to search for. Thanks in advance to any help i receive.

-David

I think that's the case for Joomla, but not in Mediawiki or vBulletin. I've managed to get my code to log into VBulletin and i've created a hidden form that should log onto the wiki.

I'll try looking at the Joomla API, and asking on their boards.

-Dave

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.