receive email

ibigpapa

I'm looking to forward an email to a script using windows.  We get success and error email's from some of our servers.  We have to log what time we received them. This takes up alot of paper. I want to move it to a mysql database instead of paper.  Is this possible?

Just instead of sending an email with the errors, log them in a database.

Something like

errors (tablename)
id - identifies the error number so you always have it
description - description of the error writern during programming
errorcode- if your specific errors are based on error codes just keep track of that

In 30 minutes you could have an admin panel to add/edit/delete, query and report on the information, without taking too much time to develop on it, or you could hire someone if you are not a programmer, to do it for you in a relatively short and cheap period of time.

I would do this, but unfortunatly they are on unix(I believe aix) operating systems and I do not have the authority or access to do this(nor the know how if it's aix).  I have found some tutorials for this but all of them are for linux.  Great operating system, but higher ups don't think so.  So I am stuck with windows.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.