Input field font and losing empty row

DeniseDD

Hi guys,

I'm a coding nono, my 2 ques' are about the code below.
[code]
        <form name="serchbox" action="<?php echo $PHP_SELF; ?>" method="post">
        <div style="text-align: center; background-color: rgb(153, 153, 255);"><small><input name="input_text" font="Trebuchet MS" size="70" maxlength="100" value="" type="text" width=""></small><br>
        </div>
        <div style="text-align: center; background-color: rgb(153, 153, 255);"><small><input name="options" value="1" checked="checked" type="radio">Somewhere1
<input name="options" value="2" type="radio">Somewhere2</small><br>
        <input value="search" type="submit"></div></form></td>
[/code]
Ques 1: The above gets me an input field that is not TrebuchetMS :) How can I make that happen, if possible without CSS?
Ques 2: The above always comes with an empty line under the submit button. How do I rid that?

you need to style inputs to alter their default settings. Font is not a valid attribute of input so it won't make a blind bit of difference. you can do this in-line with teh style="font-family: TrebuchetMS;" (use teh sty;le attribute to do ALL the alterations you want including font size etc.) Trebuchet is not a font that is defined in default font-families - choose a set of fonts to follow trebuchet (a comma after each) that WILL be available to all.

Empty line under teh submt could be a padding on the parent or a magin on teh submit button itself.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.