Submit via drop down to re query

danoli

Hope the subject made a little sense...

I am trying to build a page that uses a drop down to select a student from a table.
When the student is selected, I want the students username to be resubmitted to the same page to start another query that then builds the table of data to be displayed. Then selecting a different student will display the different data set.

I have it working without the dropdown. A student visits the page and a session variable $USERNAME is used to query the database building the table for the signed in student.  I just need to get my had round the submit in the dropdown.

This is how I see it working schematically

[code]Top
Is a 'dropdown' variable set
If yes,
  use it to query database and build table
  clear dropdown variable
Display dropdown (which uses another query to get list), wait for a selection, set 'dropdown' variable and resubmit the page
Goto top.[/code]

If only scripting/programming was that easy :)

Any tips or pointers to simillar code appreciated

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.