ajax or javascript help please

r-it

i really need sum help on this one. i have a form which captures data 2 make a product rite, and a product is made of a combination of base items and the quantity is different for some, and some need 1. This is how the procedure goes, u hv 2 select a group(the data comes from mysql), then u write the prod name and then the base items shud b a list box with 2 columns(i dunno hw that is possible with php), and it is pre-populated with data from mysql and the product items are empty and i have to add the base items to make the product items, so each time i add a base item with the arrow, it populates in the other list box(which also has 2 columns) and each time a base item is added 2 the products and it is already in the product items list then it must update the quantity, and u can also remove an item from the product items list, so if the quantity was 3, u subtract one, ens. but u cant remove a base item from the list as it reads straight from the database. once all of that is done u can enter its price and save it. please note that this must happen without the page reloading, it must b like a desktop application and only javascript or ajax can do that, but all the scripts i read on ajax and js don't help me, please help sum1

the pic is attached

[attachment deleted by admin]

[quote]i really need sum help on this one. i have a form which captures data 2 make a product rite, and a product is made of a combination of base items and the quantity is different for some, and some need 1. This is how the procedure goes, u hv 2 select a group(the data comes from mysql), then u write the prod name and then the base items shud b a list box with 2 columns(i dunno hw that is possible with php), and it is pre-populated with data from mysql and the product items are empty and i have to add the base items to make the product items, so each time i add a base item with the arrow, it populates in the other list box(which also has 2 columns) and each time a base item is added 2 the products and it is already in the product items list then it must update the quantity, and u can also remove an item from the product items list, so if the quantity was 3, u subtract one, ens. but u cant remove a base item from the list as it reads straight from the database. once all of that is done u can enter its price and save it. please note that this must happen without the page reloading, it must b like a desktop application and only javascript or ajax can do that, but all the scripts i read on ajax and js don't help me, please help sum1

the pic is attached[/quote]

[color=green]I really need some help with this one. I have a form which captures data to make a product.  Right? The product is made of a combination of base items and the quantity is different for some, and some need one.  This is how the procedure goes: First, you have to select a group ( the data is obtained from a MySQL datbase), then you write the product name. The base items should be a list with two columns ( I don't know how to do that in PHP).  It should then be populated with the data from the MySQL query.  At this point, the product items are empty, and I have to add the base item using an arrow ( which has copy code associated with it ), so that it populates the other list box (which also has two columns.)  Each time a base item is added to the product, and is already in the product items list, it must then update the quantity.  You should also have have the ability to remove an item from the product list.  For example, If  the quantity was three, and you subtract one, the quantity should now be two.  However, I don't know how to code the MySQL query to allow me to delete the item count from the database.  Once all of this has been accomplished, the user should be able to enter the price and save the data back into the MySQL table.  Please not that this must happen without a page reload; it must behave like a desktop application, and it is my understanding that only javascript and / or AJAX can do this.  So far, all of the scripts and tutorials I have read on AJAX and javascript haven't helped.  Please help me by writing the application for me.  See attached picture.  Thank you, and have a great day. 

r-it[/color]

HTH, ( in your jargon )

Scot L. Diddle, Richmond VA

sorry 2 the mods 4 n00b flaming, but this n00b really deserves it.

Scotty my boy, if u don't have something good 2 say, i suggest u stfu, coz u r really making urself seem dim-witted. All I wanted was to be guided in the right direction, as i do not know javascript and ajax very well, but had someone said "u're gonna have to create a class that is to be passed in javascript and u'll probly need 2 xmlHttpRequests and ....", that is what i was looking for, i can research the coding myself, i just needed to be guided in the right direction, and your life is probably so boring that you consider retorting with hogwash to be fun. If anyone could perhaps help me with some sort of algorithm i'd be very grateful, otherwise i'm gonna go with page reloads.

thanx

r-it,

Too funny. To quote: " ...coz u r really making urself seem dim-witted. "

It would be very helpful for you to learn English, spelling, syntax, grammar, and structure of the language you are trying to communicate in; this is because all of these things ( except English ) are required to write computer code, whether it is JavaScript, PHP, AJAX, or Klingon.

Scot

ScotDiddle, cool it. 

r-it, ScotDiddle has a point that communicating the problem correctly in something other than aol-ish would help.  Most people that are here to help quickly get annoyed with that type of typing.

By the way Scot, please do not post again unless it is to provide some sort of help.

Ober,

Since this isn't "providing help of some sort", I guess I'm black-listed. So be it.  My first post was here:

http://www.phpfreaks.com/forums/index.php/topic,121436.0.html . 

I'm not the one who used name-calling and derision.

I genuinely believe that proper communication when asking questions on public bulletin  boards is essential.

As for my latest post, what part of:  "It would be very helpful for you to learn English, spelling, syntax, grammar, and structure of the language you are trying to communicate in; this is because all of these things ( except English ) are required to write computer code,..." isn't correct?

Both of my replies to r-it were designed to educate.

Scot L. Diddle, Richmond VA

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.