does it all end in another framework !

xploita

well..planning to start a new commercial project in php5..

for me to use ajax i'll be using something like SAJAX or another
for me to be MVC compliant i'll be using a template engine
for me to secure the application i'll sanitize it using some advanced classes(#include)

well..i still didn't finish the planning and i came up with the sad fact that i'm building a Framework from scratch by gathering all those calsses and apps together.

am i correc

Almost.

A framework is not an application, it is the building blocks of an application.

For example, all of your applications may have a FrontController (and usually PageControllers associated with it)

Therefore, your framework should have these.

You applications may all connect to a database at some point, therefore your framework should have a datasource layer.

etc..

yes and no. if everybody had that opinion, then there'd only be one framework per language that everybody used, because they didnt want to rewrite a new one.
but if you're looking at getting the job done quickly, then maybe a popular framework such as Cake will help you on your way.

[quote author=Jenk link=topic=124129.msg514115#msg514115 date=1169831762]
Creating your own framework has many merits. Providing you do it "right" of course. :)

It's yours - so it's made for [b]you[/b] being the main merit.

It is also fantastic for learning.
[/quote]
this is true,it's fantastic for learning
but...for a complete/tested/supported/active frameworks out there like symfony,cake or even the Zend one,sure it'd be better than a heterogeneous framework that u create urself !

don't get me wrong though,i started this thread cause it's driving me crazy.i was completly convinced by developing my application away from a framework so that i have complete control over my application.but in the end i found myself building a whole new framework from different places.  :-\

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.