parsing xml, with php

Ninjakreborn

I have been stuck on some xml parsing for awhile, every day I make a little more progress.  Does anyone here at all have experience with it, or some personal advice they can share with me while doing XML parsing with Expat library in php.  I have been having a lot of problem's, I finally made it to a specific point, but I am back to having problems again.  I just need some guidance.

Let me rephrase that, guidance sounds a little wierd.  I have ran through every free online tutorial I can to the point of formulating what I have.  I gained a pretty solid understanding of the processes that the library goes through behind the scenes as well as what I have to do to make most things happen.  However there are a few heavier things I can't fully figure out how to get it to do.  There are a few fine details I can't get down and it seems not many people have done xml parsing, or done it with this specific library.  Not a lot of people comment when it's talked about.  Instead of asking for help on a specific part I wanted to ask for some specific advice on how to gain the knowledge needed to finish up parsing this data for my purpose.  Tutorials I may not have found, good books I might be able to get something out of.  I have access to the safari bookselve unlimited and I have gone through everything I can find on there, and taken everything I can find from there and online tutorials.  As well as a little help from a friend and about every 2 steps I get ran up against another wall with something it's not doing that I need.  Does anybody know of any good support services for the Expat Library to help me do some of these things I need to do, thanks?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.