Need help with a forum like script and mySQL.

mbaldwin

FYI-I am a noob to php.

a) Your PHP version, platform (operating system), and webserver

php version 4 and 5/godaddy.com-linux webserver

B) Your hosting company

godaddy.com

c) Pertinent php.ini settings (SafeMode=On, for example).

i'm not sure

d) Error messages if any are generated

have not got that far

e) Code snippets, enclosed in the php bbcode tags. 

this is what i'm looking for...?

This is what I am looking to accomplish. I need to create user accounts. The user will be able to log into an admin type account and update news, jobs, and events. When the user logs in he will need to be able to post this information via forms I have created. After he fills out the appropriate forms and hits submit, it will post the information to a specific .php or .html file. He will be able to delete the posts as he feels necessary.

I thought about using a forum for the solution but I need the information that is posted to the site to be on a specific page. When he updates news via forms it will be displayed on a news page same for the events and jobs page.

If no one has a solution, could you please lead me in the direction where I should look.

I know:

I need a database.

I need forms.

I guess the question is how do I put them together..lol.

Help is greatly appreciated!!

Thanks, Mark.

You can't hope to make anything decent without some PHP knowledge.  If you are looking for "something" there are a lot of them out there.  Google for some third party forum scripts in PHP (90% of them have a mysql backend).  Try to find something that can work without register global's being on so it's more secure.  There is one in particular now that I always use.

SMF (simply machines), which is actually the same one they use on phpfreaks.  There area  lot of other's out there

Vbulliten, SMF(Simple Machines), PHPBB, and many other's.

In fact you can find a few probable in PHP freaks personal code library or tutorials.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.