[SOLVED] Mail function

Azu

I have it so that when somebody registers they get sent an e-mail with a link to click on to verify that it is really their e-mail. This part works okay.

Now what I want to do is have it so that there is a function to e-mail another member, but without getting their e-mail address (unless they reply) this way spammers won't be able to harvest anyone's e-mail address.

And I want to have it so that the recipient knows where the e-mail is coming from rather then just have the from address always be my website, so if it is spam, they can just block that spammer's e-mail, and continue to get normal e-mail.

The problem is, I can't figure out how to put the senders e-mail address into the from field so that the recipient will get their address.

Can someone please tell me how to do this?

It should be like if the person e-mails the other person normally, except that you will only know the e-mail address of people who e-mailed you already, so that it can't be abused by spammers.

You dont want someone who recives an email, to see the address there replying to?? is this correct?

If so the only way i can see of doing this would be to have a pm system on the site, forwording to peoples email, or a horendsly complicated system where all mails are sent to you server, and then forworded based on a unique id number.

As to the making it look like its from someone else, just define the address its suposed to be from as a variable in the mail() function.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.