Need help building a Content Management System...

The Black Death

hello addicts, I'm not that new to php but new to this site, I have learn't the basics of php on my own,

wasn't hard but I could do with some help with building a content management system that using mysql,

no flat files...

I'm a grey hat vb6 programmer from Digital Maffia and I learn fast, I've already designed the web site,

and started to build the the cms into it, I have, what I think is a secure account system :-\

Needs improving though...

Such as extra fields in registration other than, username, password, email address, such as avatar, web site url,

If someone is willing enough to lend a hand, I will comment the php for what

I have done so far, to explain what ive done and what I'm going with it, and then upload the source files...

Also, I hope this doesn't become a 'dead thread', please don't just view, reply, let me know if there is something I look into, resource's, example's, article's etc, I'm at wits end with this..

Asking for help to build a cms is like asking to build a house.

You can possibly do what you can with the links provoided and try your best, then when you are stuck on a problem, return here and ask for help.

All the people can do here is point you in the direction.

Sorry, but really your mssing the point. We will help you fix your code when it is failing, maybe even suggest different ways of doing things. The last cms I built was around 22000 lines of code, Im just not sure your asking the right questions.

If you are stuck on something in particular, what is it? Otherwise, ask a question when you are.

in my opinion, it is better to build the cms before you build the site for it. when i first began programming php, i built a bridal registry with a cms for a client of mine. i hardly knew anything, but i did it in about 2 weeks. i built the front-end first, and i shot myself in the foot later. just a recommendation.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.