array_push error :'(

Demonic

I get this warning:

Warning: array_push() [function.array-push]: First argument should be an array in /home/**********/public_html/N***********/battle.php on line 69

what this does if it doesn't have any voters it seralises the voter who just voted then if it has voters i unserialize it then array_push the next voter on the end of the array then update the sql. Any help on why It won't update?

if($voteinfo[whovoted] == ""){

$voter = serialize($username);

}else{

$whovotedonthis = unserialize($voteinfo[whovoted]);
				$voter = array_push($whovotedonthis,"$username");

}

you should use single quotes to identify an array index (if its a string that is and i your case it loks to be.

$voteinfo must have been an array initially check its NOT an object.

if there is only one value in there it may retun as a scalar value and not be an array at all so you must check that it is an array first. (use either count() or better is_array())

if its just a scalar then you must make an array otherwsie your code should work.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.