[SOLVED] Linux Vs. Windows Javascript Src= Question

ScotDiddle

Hello, Javascript Artists,

I just changed hosting providers from a Windows IIS based one to a Linux based one, because IIS was having problems with "Malformed Header" issues that my vendor was unable to help me solve.

Code that use to work under IIS  <script type="text/javascript" src="javascript/DragNDrop.js"></script> doesn't work under Linux.

If I take the code out of the javascript folder, and place it in-line in the calling HTML, it works as advertised.

I have tried several flavors of src=, but to no avail. ( src="/java...  src='java... src="DragNDrop.js ( where I copied the code to my DOC_ROOT folder) etc...) but nothing works to call in the JS. 

It is fairly large ( a DHTML Script 1395 line long)  script, so I don't the source in my index.html page ( see www.poodlers.com )

Any advise, corrections, voo-doo, etc. will be appreciated.

Thanks in Advance,

Scot L. Diddle, Richmond VA

Code that use to work under IIS  <script type="text/javascript" src="javascript/DragNDrop.js"></script> doesn't work under Linux.

That's not really possible... unless for some reason you don't have the correct access permissions to that directory.

Hi fenway,

I found that if I renamed my script to: dragndrop.js, then: src="javascript/dragndrop.js" worked.

I know about case sensitivity differences between Windows and  Unix; could my ISP (  I mean, my Hosting Provider )  be playing games ?

( I had to rename the file on the hosting provider server to all lower case, and in my calling HTML... )

Thanks for the response... I appreciate it.

fenway,

I found that src=DragNDrop.js with file named DragNDrop.js worked under IIS.

With my new Linux hosting service, I could not get src=DragNDrop.js with filename DragNDrop.js to work.

I could only get it to work if I used src=dragndrop.js and a file named dragndrop.js

So my final question is, could my hosting provider have some setting somewhere which forces all lower-case file names as the only valid ones  ?

Thanks,

fenway,

Thanks for the Reply... I did my own FTP, via IPSwitch, and using my hosting provider's CPANEL file manager interface ( and the IPSwitch window ) I can see the file name with camelBack file name... It just didn't work.

Oh Well, let's call this one [solved]... I will start a dialog with AtertyPlanet.net

Regards,

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.