Fading/ Gradient menu? Example shown...

Solarpitch

Hey Guys,

I am just looking to create the menu shown in the below example. Of course I could just use an image but I would rather just create the image 1px and repeat it, then I was wondering if there was some way of using css to fade the image out from left to right like below?

example_001.gif

what I want to know is how to fade an image using css which can be done!

Solarpitch, I think when you say CSS can fade an image your are referring to adjusting the opacity of an image.  When you use that method it applies the technique to the whole image, not as a gradient like you want.

If you are tiling the normal images vertically then you could do the same with the images that need to be displayed during a hover.  Just apply the gradient in Photoshop to a 1px tall image and tile that in your :hover element.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.