[SOLVED] HELP. need php cookie code

aminnuto

I have a file (in an include file) that I want to put on each webpage on my site.  It loads a javascript hover window.

BUT, I only want it to show up on the first page that a person sees when they come to my site (not necessarily the home page).  Once they see the box, I dont want them to see it again as they navigate to through my site, but i want to make sure they see it at least once when they come to my site so i want to put it on each page.  That way, when a search engine sends them to one page on my site, they see it but wont see it on every page they go to after that.

I need code (i'm guessing a session cookie) that will print my include file if the session has not been set.  Once its been set, do nothing.

Does anyone know how I can do this?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.